Thursday 21 June 2012

I haven't been posting as regularly as I used to, primarily because I've been practicing my photography more than I ever have before. Over the long bank holiday jubilee weekend, with the weather rainy and a couple of free afternoons to spare I decided to learn how to use my DSLR camera properly- using the manual settings.

It had been annoying me that I wasn't able and didn't know how to create images like the ones I saw all over the photo sharing website Flickr. So I started exploring the site, looking at the settings people had used to take certain styles of photos, researching on the net water photography and started experimenting. Since, I havn't been able to put my camera down and its been holding my attention for most of my spare time.

If anyone is interested I've updated my Flickr page a lot recently, and I'm quite pleased with how its coming along http://www.flickr.com/photos/57811197@N04/. Since I've been learning how to use my camera I haven't spent too much money. However, the main things that have happened this month are as follows; the BF has started his new job (yay!) which means that he no longer gets free food at work and our food shop is a bit more expensive as a result. However, as he's been working nights (boo) I've been making extra portions of my evening meal, making a portion for me for lunch the next day and a dinner/lunch for him too. This means that I won't be able to siphon off as much from our joint account as I had been doing previously, but that we'll be better off in the long term :).

Next, whilst out on a media night (the freebie music quiz) myself and two others got a little carried away after a few drinks, and we ended up breaking my friend (and managers) kindle- eep! Its quite a long story and a little awkward for me but basically I think and hope that on Monday (payday) we'll chip together to buy a replacement for him.

Approaching payday and taking the kindle replacement into account I have £32.00 left over in my budget- I would have had £64 but hit the H&M sale. For £32 I got six tops/dress type things and a pair of every day wear- smart enough for work shoes. Though my clothing situation isn't extremely bad it definatley needed topping up. I only wanted to spend £14, but I spotted some cute dresses which were £3 and could resist buying three- think they call it stockpiling lol!

I need to buy my Dad some beers as a belated fathers day gesture and a gift bag for the freebie champage which I'll give my M&D for their anniversairy- hopefully I can put away around £25 which I'll put towards BF's b'day present, along with any spare funds from next months pay to soften the blow in August- until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)